Part-Time Development Coordinator Position
About Us: Powered by attorney volunteers, Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio (PBPO) strengthens our community by providing free business legal services and education to nonprofits. More information about PBPO can be found at pbpohio.org.
Job Summary: PBPO seeks a part-time development coordinator to (1) build upon our fundraising success and (2) leverage and grow a strong donor base with a focus on corporate and grant funding. Reporting to and in partnership with the CEO, the development coordinator will spearhead development efforts as PBPO continues to grow.
- In close partnership with the CEO and board of directors, develop and execute PBPO’s annual fundraising plan to include: (1) corporate giving, (2) foundation giving, (3) individual giving and (4) sponsorships for special events to meet PBPO’s revenue goals.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports to foundations and corporate sources, including managing PBPO’s grant funding prospect list, and keeping up with deadlines for grant applications and reports.
- Perform prospect research to identify new revenue sources, cultivate and build relationships with potential new funders in collaboration with the CEO.
- Implement the development communications calendar and produce donor-facing communications to include: (1) newsletters, (2) reports, (3) written appeals, and (4) the Annual Impact Report.
- Maintain and be the voice of PBPO on social media sites, draft award nominations as determined by CEO, lead implementation of quarterly newsletter, and write and send occasional press releases to media outlets.
- Manage development efforts in Salesforce database, including inputting donor and gift information and prospects. Produce reports. Maintain accuracy of database via frequent updates.
- Draft donor contribution letters and acknowledgements.
- Work with CEO and accounting consultant to ensure financial records are in alignment with development records.
- Uphold a good working relationship with board, staff, donors, volunteers, and community sources.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other members of PBPO’s awesome team.
- Assist with other PBPO events as needed.
- Perform other duties as directed by the CEO.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Be self-motivated and highly organized.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies including a solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants, and 2-5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills with a strong attention to detail are essential.
- Strong computer skills, including prior experience with data analytics as well as social media proficiency preferred. Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, board members, and volunteers.
Salary: $30/hour. Starting benefits include a 401(k) plan (with a 4% match after 1 year), PTO, paid holidays, flexible schedule, and potential for hybrid/remote work with a minimum expectation of two days/week in our downtown Cincinnati office. Plus, a fun and supportive team!
Application Guidelines: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF file (file name:FirstName_LastName.pdf) in confidence to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please indicate how you heard about this opportunity.
Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio is an equal opportunity employer.